Norbert takes Daggett to a theme park that was designed after the legend of Kid Friendly, the murderous gunslinger who killed people with his kindness. However, things take a turn for the worse when a robotic Kid Friendly starts to spread too much love and cheer to the individuals at the theme park.
- "Kid Friendly Song 1"
- "Kid Friendly Song 2"
- "Kid Friendly Song 3"
- "Kid Friendly Song 4"
- "Kid Friendly Song 5"
- Sergio Leone - The trademark closeups of the late Italian film director, producer and screenwriter are used throughout the episode.
- Westworld - The premise of a Western theme-park with robotic cowboys that turn murderous was taken from the 1973 film.
- Once Upon a Time in the West - The creaking windmill is taken directly from the opening scene of the 1968 film. A variation of "Farewell to Cheyenne", from the movie's soundtrack, plays throughout the episode.
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Kid Friendly refers to Norbert at one point as "Blondie", the nickname for Clint Eastwood's character in the 1966 film. The "three-way" showdown is a recall to the climax (as well as the one from the film A Few Dollars More).
- "Rhinestone Cowboy" - After Norb gets on one of the hoppedy horses, he exclaims "I'm a rhinestone cowboy!", which is a reference to the 1975 country song.
- A Fistful of Dollars - A song similar to the Overture from the 1964 film plays at several points.
- High 'Em High - At one point, Norb says to Dag "Yes way, Dag 'em high...", which is a reference to the 1968 film. Also, one of Norb and Dag's hiding places was inside the Hang 'Em High School.
- The Terminator - Kid Friendly's true form is similar to that of The Terminator. Everything from the infrared vision and red eye (similar to T-800) to how he melds himself back together (just like T-1000) is taken mostly from Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
|The image gallery for The Legend of Kid Friendly may be viewed here.|
- Nick Bakay as Norbert, Stage Driver
- Richard Horvitz as Daggett
- Waylon Jennings as Balladeer
- Peter MacNicol as Kid Friendly
"Silent But Deadly"