Norbert and Daggett discover that their house is haunted and they start playing with the ghost and having a good time. However, when two scientists turned paranormal investigators show up in order to capture the ghost, Norbert and Daggett must stop them.
- It's revealed that Pete and Scientist #1 work for the government.
- Scientist #1 keeps a Honey Bunny boombox hidden in his lab coat.
- When Dag is trying to figure out the crossword puzzle, he mentions the show's title.
- The book Crosswords for Dummies! is a spoof of the For Dummies book series.
- After Pete and Scientist #1 arrive, the ghosts tell Norb and Dag to "Lose These Goons" with strawberry jelly on the wall. This is probably imitating blood appearing on a wall from a scary movie.
- "In the Hall of the Mountain King" - Scientist #1 plays a tape on the recorder and sings his own words to Grieg's symphony while he and Pete capture ghosts in jars.
- Poltergeist - At the end of the episode, Scientist #1 and Pete are trapped in the TV by the ghosts. This seems to be an imitation of 1982 horror film, where someone is trapped in a TV.
|The image gallery for Spooky Spoots may be viewed here.|
- Nick Bakay as Norbert, Pete
- Richard Horvitz as Daggett
- Ed Winter as Scientist #1, Giggling Ghost (Credited as Edward Winter)
"Up All Night II: Up All Day. The Reckoning"