Patrick Pinney is a voice actor on the animated series The Angry Beavers.
He attended college at the University of the Pacific in Stockton, California, where he had many friends including assistant director Michele Panelli Venetis and San Francisco Bay area costumer Alison Barnwell Morris, with whom he costarred in "The Deputy" at the UOP Rotunda Theatre.
He studied theatre along with producer/director Dennis Jones at University of the Pacific in Stockton where the two of them were room mates. As well as performing in theaters in the U.S., he had also done theaters in Europe. He came to Los Angeles. Some time later he played three characters in a play. Afterwards he was approached by a producer who offered him work in animation. It was a role in a Hanna Barbera animation. From there he made the transition from a serious stage actor to voice.
He has also done work on Harry & the Hendersons.
Voice over career
In the late 1980s, he worked on a number of projects. One was providing the voice for Mainframe in G.I. Joe: The Movie in 1987. A couple of years later he was involved in another project. It was the X-Men in 1989. He provided the voice for the Wolverine in Pryde of the X-Men which was the Pilot Episode for the cartoon series. His role as Wolverine was a reprised one as he had played that part in several episodes of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. Interestingly, he had given the character an Australian sounding accent instead of the Canadian one that would be expected. An article by Simone Pozzoli for the Italian language OverNewsMagazine Italian stated, molti oggi la vedono come “una profezia” which meant that Pinney's Australian accent interpretation of the character would be seen as prophetic as Hugh Jackman has played the part. He is the first voice actor to provide the voice for the Wolverine character in animation. He has worked in the Phil Nibbelink and Simon Wells directed animation An American Tail: Fievel Goes West. From 1997 to 2001, he worked on Men in Black: The Series in episodes which include "The Long Goodbye Syndrome" in 1997, "The Buzzard Syndrome", also in 1997 and "The Big Bad Bug Syndrome" in 1998.
- TV Announcer
- ↑ Sierra Lodestar May 27 - June 2, 2015 Page 16 "Kilts and hit men make for laughs at Sierra Rep"
- ↑ The Modesto Bee May 20, 2015 Comedic ‘Unnecessary Farce’ slams into Sierra Rep By Marijke Rowland
- ↑ Talent for Conventions Patrick Pinney
- ↑ Encyclopedia of Television Shows, 1925 through 2010, 2d ed. by Vincent Terrace Page 436 3835, Harry and the Hendersons
- ↑ Oh My Gore ! > Database > G.I. Joe: The Movie - Acteurs : Cast
- ↑ Behind The Voice Actors Patrick Pinney
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 OverNewsMagazine 11 novembre 2015 Marvel Eye – La Prim(issim)a Serie Animata degli X-Men by Simone Pozzoli
- ↑ 411 Mania Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD 3.16 Review – ‘Paradise Lost’, The Review by Wayatt Beougher
- ↑ Silver Screen Hub 6/12/2011 CHARACTER OF THE WEEK (6/13/11-6/19/11): JAMES HOWLETT/LOGAN/WOLVERINE
- ↑ Film Cartoons: A Guide to 20th Century American Animated Features and Shorts By Douglas L. McCall Page 8 , Page 9 - 13, An American Tail: Fievel Goes West
- ↑ Horrornews.net 05/01/2014 Film Review: Men In Black (1997) - Nigel Honeybone
- ↑ Film Reference Patrick Pinney Biography ((?)-)