When two scientists want to try to see if Norbert and Daggett can build dams under zero gravity, the two brothers find themselves being sent into space. However, when the mission is over, Norbert and Daggett find themselves abandoned on the space shuttle and they must work together in hopes of getting back to Earth.
- First time when Norb and Dag are shown at a younger age.
- A few of the videocassettes in the bookcase are: Space Bloopers, I've Been Vaporized Now What?, So, You're Spiraling into the Sun, and You and Your Zero-G Toilet.
- Second time a music box version of The Angry Beavers opening theme is heard. 
- 2001: A Space Odyssey - When Dag and Norb are building the space dam, the metallic black rectangle floating through space looks like the monolith from the 1968 sci-fi film. Also, there is a scene in 2001 where a ship is flying through space and The Blue Danube is playing the background, just like in this scene.
|The image gallery for Mission to the Big, Hot, Thingy may be viewed here.|
- Richard Horvitz as Daggett
- Nick Bakay as Norbert
- Gregg Berger as Announcer, Tour Guide
- Ed Winter as Mission Control
"I Dare You"