Norbert has been sleepwalking due to his long nights of eating spicy food and watching monster movies, so Daggett decides to take drastic measures in order to show Norbert the errors of his ways.
- This is the second episode with the title card to be animated. (The first being is "Bummer of Love").
- This is the first episode in the title card to have in black and white. (The second being is "It's a Spootiful Life").
- This episode, along with "Bummer of Love" is the season 1 finale of the series.
- The episode title is a play-on the H.G. Wells novel The Food of the Gods.
- The Amazing Colossal Man - The B-movie The Amazing Colossal Colossus is an obvious spoof on the 1957 black-and-white science-fiction film.
|The image gallery for Food of the Clods may be viewed here.|
- Richard Horvitz as Daggett
- Nick Bakay as Norbert
- Tom Kane as Vic, Male Actor
- Antoinette Spolar as Jean, Viking Woman
- Gregg Berger as Commercial Announcer
- Kenneth Tobey as Scientist, General (Credited as Kenneth Toby)
"Bummer of Love"