David Ogden Stiers (October 31, 1942 - March 3, 2018) was an American voice actor on the animated series The Angry Beavers.
Early life and education
Stiers was born in Peoria, Illinois, the son of Margaret Elizabeth (née Ogden) and Kenneth Truman Stiers. He attended Urbana High School as a freshman; one of his classmates was Roger Ebert. Stiers moved to Eugene, Oregon, where he graduated from North Eugene High School and briefly attended the University of Oregon. He later moved to San Francisco, where he performed with the California Shakespeare Theater, San Francisco Actors Workshop, and the improv group The Committee, whose members included Rob Reiner, Howard Hesseman and Peter Bonerz. Stiers studied at the Juilliard School (Drama Division Group 1: 1968–1972). During his studies, Stiers was mentored by actor John Houseman and would later join his City Center Acting Company.
Stiers died at his home in Newport, Oregon, on March 3, 2018, at the age of 75 from bladder cancer. He is survived by his son.
- Bryon Beaver
- ↑ Film Reference bio
- ↑ David Ogden Stiers Unofficial website – David Ogden Stiers Fan Tribute site
- ↑ Five Questions With David Ogden Stiers. USA Network. archived November 3, 2005.
- ↑ Alumni News: February 2011. Juilliard.edu. archived 18 May 2011. David Ogden Stiers (Group 1)
- ↑ Kevin Kline Biography. Yahoo! Movies. archived May 31, 2012.
- ↑ Campuzano, Eder. David Ogden Stiers, 'M*A*S*H*' star and Newport resident, dies at 75. The Oregonian.