Daggett becomes the foster parent for a baby mongoose which was found on his bed, and starts to become attached to the child.
- When Norb is opening the medicine cabinet, a camera man is visible in the mirror.
- The weatherman on the TV is a caricature of Mitch Schauer, the creator of the series.
- Fourth episode to have Dag's name in its title. 
- Fourth time a music box version of The Angry Beavers opening theme is heard. 
- Rabbit Test, Junior - The idea of Daggett, a boy, having a baby is similar to the plot of the 1978 and 1994 (respectively) comedy films.
- "Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh" - The instrumental of the 1963 novelty song is briefly played while Dag was taking care of the baby mongoose.
- "Daydream Believer" - The instrumental remixed version of the 1967 song by The Monkees is played when Norb is taking the baby mongoose to the highest mountain.
|The image gallery for Daggy Dearest may be viewed here.|
"Pack Your Dags"