Norbert gets a letter saying that he is over. Confused, Daggett asks what it means, to which Norb replies that they are vanishing. As it turns out, Norbert always knew that they were a cartoon, but he had never told Dag because he was afraid that his mind couldn't comprehend it. Norb tries to explain it, but to no avail. Unable to accept their fate, Dag tries bribing, begging, and threatening to "kick those spooty cartoon-being-over guys's behinders".
- Truckee is mentioned in the episode. After Dag realizes he can turn invisible, he mentions that he can't wait to use it in his next fight with Truckee.
- The only episode that Dag and Norb refer to each other as Richard (Dag) and Nick/Salem (Norb).
- The episode never aired because it broke two of Nickelodeon's rules. One being that a show doesn't acknowledge its last episode, and the other rule being a show or character doesn't break the fourth wall.
- At the end of the episode, Dag and Norbert both scream "APRIL FOOLS" and begin laughing. This has started a rumor that the series was never meant to end here, and it was simply an April Fools day special.
- However, according to Richard Horvitz on Avi Melman's podcast, Bye Bye Beavers was purposefully made to cancel the show, as the crew had gotten burnt out with working on it.
- A storyboard artist who worked on the episode, Maureen Mascarina, released an excerpt of her work on it on her website.
"A Tail of Two Rangers"