Norbert and Daggett have been kicked out of their home by their parents and they are forced to build their own dam in order to live inside of it. Daggett decides that he doesn't want to build a dam and he tries to find a more conventional home, though Norbert decides to try to build the best dam he possibly can.
This episode first introduces Norbert and Daggett Beaver, who live with their parents in a dam. But when Mrs. Beaver gives birth to a second litter, by beaver law Norb and Dag are forced to leave the dam and build their own.
Unfortunately, Dag doesn't want to leave. Norb convinces him that life on their own isn't so bad, and Dag starts building the dam. It doesn't go so well and Dag has to ask his older brother for help, but Norb would rather find a place to live in that had already been built for them. Dag doesn't like the idea because it goes against beaver nature.
Norb finally convinces Dag to relax and let things take care of themselves, and they hide in an abandoned truck to get out of the rain and spend the night. Dag accidentally releases the emergency break, causing the truck to roll down a hill. The truck hits several trees and other stuff, then falls of a cliff and into a pond, taking everything they hit with them. The trees and other items fall perfectly into place, forming a completely furnished dam, and the two brothers move into their "bachelor pad".
- At the beginning of the episode, Norb and Dag walked by a mileage sign with the locations of Pawhuska (birth place of the series' creator Mitchell Schauer), Burbank (home of the Nickelodeon Animation Studio since 1998), and Fairfax on it.
- This episode is one of the rare occasions where Dag acts more responsible than Norb.
- This episode, along with "Up All Night", aired on TeenNick October 7, 2011 during U Pick with Stick.
|The image gallery for Born to Be Beavers may be viewed here.|
- Richard Horvitz as Daggett
- Nick Bakay as Norbert
- Mitchell Schauer as Farmer
- Susanne Blakeslee as Hen
- Gregg Berger as Bill Licking (Uncredited)
"Up All Night"